Wednesday 12 August 2009

Summer '09 Happenings

*UPDATED* So, I went on a little trip to NZ...more on that in a future post. I'm just gonna skip over that for now and share with you all other things that have gone on...


Let's start with Devin (again). Here I am with the latest member of the Inouye-Wong clan on his day of birth.

In the past, I referred to this one-off dish as "zucchini surprise", but I think "zucchini hodge podge" makes more sense. Off the top of my head, I remember zucchini, carrot, egg, milk, panko, potato and garbanzo beans. It actually tasted way better than it looked...

Hiked (sorta) around the James Fitzgerald Marine Reserve. Tried to go during a nice day in the Bay but the coast can be so fickle at times.

An unexpected spectator (he/she had a lot of friends poking their heads out of the water too). Who's watching who?

Vasso Azzuro in Mt. View (in addition to having very good food) puts on a good show for b-days. Dimmed lights, operatic vocal stylings, tiramisu cake w/tall candle and a saxophone to boot. Mighty impressive. Hope you enjoyed the experience Brandon. And, happy b-day.

Kumamoto oyster from the Hog Island Oyster Co. I'm no oyster fan by any stretch of the imagination but these suckers were actually pretty good.

My fellow oyster shuckers: Jessica, Jason & Jeff. We bbq'd on a beautiful day just on the shore of Tomales Bay

And after stuffing ourselves full of shellfish & various grilled meats, we continued to enjoy the good weather by heading over to Stinson Beach.

To cap off an awesome day, we went to this "romantical" lookout to get this great photo of us in front of the Golden Gate Bridge during 'golden hour.'

We've still got a bit more summer left so let's enjoy the warmth! Adieu for now.

No comments: