Monday 5 September 2005

Halfway...

Just to update you all. I'm still around and I'm alive (last I checked). I had an awesome break that included seeing the All Blacks narrowly beat the Springboks, a trip up to the Abel Tasman National Park (via the West Coast) and a trip up to Auckland to visit the family. I'm also sick and I have two exams coming up. So, this is just a short little hello to stay in touch with everyone. Take care and keep an eye out for a real, much more substantial update with plenty of pics. In the meantime, enjoy these pics:

abfans
Look at all of us rabid All Black Fans cheering on our team. Not the best of pictures but it's the only one with all of us in it: Stu, Jen, Lily, Cat, Ryan and Myself.
brook
The South Africans have never won in Dunedin at Carisbrook and this night wasn't to be their lucky night. They got mighty close at the end but the All Blacks fought to the very end and after heaps of pressure on the tiring Bok defense, they got through and scored the game winning try! Good on the AB's!
dessert
After the game, Lily ran off with Stuart's All Blacks hat and we just decided not to run after her. She never came back and we ate dessert at Tull. They have an amazing reputation for awesome desserts and they did not disappoint. By desserts: the Gateaux, Brownie and the Bananarama (or something like that).
gateaux
A closer look at my gateaux. It had thick, fudgy chocolate layers on top of chocolate mousse layers for a nice alternating taste. You get both richness and sweetness in the same bite without being overwhelmed! Amazing!!!
thunderfalls
Thunder Falls was 5 min off the road on the way to Haast on the West Coast. The drive up the West Coast was nothing short of breathtaking and a thoroughly scenic way to see NZ.
abel
Finally, here's a look at a beach in the Abel Tasman National Park. This is a beautiful coastal hike that passes through some really pretty looking areas. I only wish the weather were nicer while I was there.

More pics to come when I survive this week. Wish me luck and I hope to be in touch with you all when the time allows it. Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck!

Anonymous said...

Scenery looks spectacular, but be careful driving over cliffs. 4 students were driving, and one Chinese from Shanghai didn't make it.