Monday 21 March 2011

Whoa, March Already?!

Howdy folks. I apologize for my lack of posting. As I have previously mentioned, work has been busy and it just hasn't gotten any less busy over the past few weeks. Lots to do and not much time to do it all. Le sigh. I have just a few pics to share with you from the not too distant past so check 'em out.


A couple weeks ago, I had to use up some ingredients and decided to make Kalua pig, egg & broccoli fried rice. I used the "Watanabe family recipe" with a few of my own tweaks to take advantage of what I had to use up. Thanks Carey, it turned out pretty darn good.

Prior to this past weekend, I had never seen hail in the Bay Area (though I had in Pasadena several years ago). I woke up on Saturday morning to discover little piles of hail all around my house. I'd estimate the size of the hail between 1/8-3/16". Crazy weather!

Despite the wild weather, a bunch of workmates and I all went out to the Mitchell Katz Winery in Pleasonton to enjoy a release party. Pretty good fun and, even though I didn't drink my money's worth, I certainly ate enough mini corned beef sandwiches to make up for that. L->R: Jessica, Howie, Dave, Julie, Me, Todd, Erin and Intern (Joe).

Quite a stressful month March has been. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks as it just keeps getting busier and busier from here on out. Thankfully, I have a return trip to Central America and Deryck's graduation to look forward to in the near future!!! Cheerio!

No comments: