Wednesday 16 June 2010

How'd I Get All Those Steps?

I pulled off massive step totals over the weekend (and a few days preceding). How so? Well, during the week I biked to work twice and did copious walking/running in my spare time (including lunch & immediately after work). I also hiked a number of times on both saturday and sunday. Have a look at where I went.


My first hike of the weekend took me to Meadow Flat at Wunderlich Park in Woodside, CA. I took this photo while on the Meadow Trail on a hot morning (easily in the 80˚F/27˚C range).

After working my way through the meadow, I took a turn onto the Bear Gulch Trail. This image reminds me a little of a picture I saw in an art exhibition at SFO entitled Dancing Trees. Very cool sight and something that made me pause for a bit...before picking up the pace to ensure I didn't miss too much of the ENG v. USA World Cup match.

One last pic at Wunderlich. Folger Stables is on the park land and can be found just adjacent to the parking lot. It is named after (and used to be owned by) the guy that created the Folger Coffee brand. How about that for some history? As of 2004, this building is on the National Register of Historic Places.

The second hike of the weekend came on sunday and took me across the Bay to Lake Chabot. Briskly walked through 5 miles of trail with my fellow BME Grad school classmate Varun before we stuffed our faces at an Indian food buffet while watching the end of the Shockeroo's loss to Germany. And yes, it was another clear, scorching day.

I backed up the Lake Chabot with a jaunt out to Portola Redwoods State Park with Sus. You'll have to wait for the pics from that. We had to rush a bit as we became late to an evening BBQ in Woodside no thanks to a deceptively long and windy road to the trailhead/parking lot. The picture above shows a twilight view of the Bay from the house. And yes, this is where I jumped into the swimming pool and wrecked my pedometer.

There we go folks. Lots of steps in a relatively short period of time. And just to update you all on the pedometer situation, I scored a replacement pedometer from HR (cheers Carey) for the remainder of the comp. Wish me luck and, hopefully, a strong finish!!! Peace out!

No comments: