Thursday 3 June 2010

On the Menu: June '10

Just a quick update here with a few pics of my meal this week. I got another spot bonus at work for going beyond the call of duty to take care of some of the madness we've experienced in the last couple weeks. I chose some Trader Joes gift cards as my reward and subsequently set out to pick up some groceries...


It all begins with an interesting looking white wine. I picked this one for two reasons; if you know me, you can name them both.

And then I grabbed this box of arborio rice. Surely you can see where I'm headed here...

Rice, onions and the first of a succession of chicken stock painstakingly added one cup at a time.

Voila! Chicken, portobello and haricot vert risotto with a simple spinach and mini heirloom tomato salad. Thanks to hard work and Trader Joes for providing the groceries. Yum.

Nothing else to update at the moment. Until next time, eat well my friends.

No comments: