Tuesday 8 June 2010

24 Thousand Steps

So, I had a pretty good day with the stepping this past sunday (kinda helped to make up for a dearth of movement the day before). Let me show you how I managed to accrue that number.


A clear, beautiful day made for brilliant hiking weather. I got a later start than I had hoped for so I ended up rushing through the 7 miles of Windy Hill at a much quicker pace than I would've preferred. So, I didn't get to enjoy the lovely views too much but I did pause for a bit to capture them in still pictures to share with you all.

Moi and the easily distinguishable twin hills of Windy Hill Open Space Preserve. Hamm Gulch to Spring Ridge trail for the third time this past year.

So I rushed a bit cuz I had been trying not to keep Nick and Diana waiting for too long. And of course, because we all needed some food pretty badly by midday. So, on our way up to San Fran, we dropped by Chez Maman, a quaint French Café in Potrero Hill.

Tiny little place with minimal seating (we got placed at the counter). Well reviewed on Yelp and noted for their burgers & crepes. Mark me suitably intrigued.

A simple scrambled egg, tomato, mixed greens, toast and chicken apple sausage brekkie. Kinda odd that I didn't try the specialties (Nick got a burger, Diana got a crepe) but I'll say I enjoyed my meal. I'll definitely need to return to indulge in a crepe. Highly recommended and a future contender for best crepes in the Bay Area (a crown, in my book, yet to be snatched from Crepes Cafe in Menlo Park).

Our three dishes (Diana's, Nick's and mine from top to bottom). Tres bien!

First Sunday of the month = Free admission to the Asian Art Museum of SF. Where you can see stuff like the above (I dunno what exactly those sculptures represent...).

We blitzed through the Special Exhibition, Shanghai. Due to photography prohibition, I can't share any of the glorious works I saw. I can, however, place a picture of the three of us happily riding an escalator up to the main collection (which I saw earlier when my grandparents came to town last).

I couldn't find a large enough buddha to high-five, so you'll have to make do with a picture of Nick playing patty-cake with this statue.

An inscription written above the main staircase that reads: "Our happiness depends in a great measure on the choice of our company." Agreed.

Our day in SF ended with a trip to the Westfield mall so that Diana could go shopping. During the brief trip, we noticed that an Ajisen Ramen would be coming soon to the mall! Yummy! I'll take you here next time Deryck...in case you miss eating Ajisen in all the HK malls.

I missed out on taking a pic of the glorious bbq that we prepared upon our return to the peninsula (Fred steak, portuguese sausage kebabs, sun-dried tomato chicken sausage and grilled pineapple). You'll have to trust me when I say that we ate well that evening. I hope you all ate well that evening too. Cheers.

No comments: