Thursday 17 March 2005

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Spring Break continues and here are a few more pictures of my adventures from the lovely city of Paris!


Dinner at the Le Square Trousseau (my last lunch in Paris was eaten here). My main dish for the evening was a grilled "rouget" filet. The food here is ridiculously good. So good.

Tarte Pomme (apple tart) for dessert. Light, flaky pastry combined with sweet, delicious apples cooked so that they are soft yet firm (uh...difficult to describe). Excellent.

The next day began with a trip to the Musee National du Moyen Age (the National Museum of the Middle Ages...aka the Cluny Museum) which featured art from the medieval period. The highlight of their collection were these Unicorn tapestries (one of which is shown above). Written on the top of the tent is a quote: A mon seul desir - To my own desire.

Lunch was taken at the Latin Quarter at my favorite Greek fast food shop in Paris. I would have taken a picture of the chicken pita (avec frites) I had for lunch, but I ate it before I remembered to take one.

I didn't see Quasimodo while I was there. But I did take this picture.

Saint Chapelle on the left and Palais de Justice on the right.

The stained glass in Saint Chapelle is amazing and pretty.

The last stop for the day was the Pompidou. Within the oddly shaped building (I didn't take a picture, I'm sorry!) is a very thorough collection of modern art. Above is one work called the Crocodile Fibonacci. It's hard to see but the blue spots behind the croc are actually fluorescent numbers which depict the fibonacci sequence (for those of you familiar with it)

Here is a painting by Salvador Dali. I was hoping to see Persistence of Memory but I'll settle for the 6 Lenins on a Piano.

Henri Matisse's violinist painting. It caught my eye in a good sort of way.

Finally, I had the opportunity to reward my taste buds with a visit to Amorino (the best gelato I've ever had...outside of Italy). In the pictured cup is a scoop of Straciatella and a scoop of Amaretto. Very tasty. My only regret is that they had run out of their fruit gelatos when I was there...what a shame.

Well, that's all for now ladies & gentlemen. Check back later for some more pictures. Take care of one another and Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

No comments: