Friday 13 May 2005

Goodbye for Now

Here I am, on the eve of my flight home, looking back on all the good times that have been had over the semester. Three specific groups of people have made my past few days here particularly enjoyable. These people are also the people who I will miss the most while I am thousands of miles away in the southern hemisphere, freezing my butt off. My hats off to each and every one of you for being a part of my life here at school. Here are a few quick pics:

SAIT
theater
The first message of thanks goes to the guys from the Student Affairs Information Technology lab (where I have been working the past 2 years). Allan, Brenton & I came on board at the same time last year as the three newbies. Now we're the seasoned veterans and it's really the comaraderie that keeps me coming in to work everyday (no matter how late I am). We've had plenty of good times this past year, particularly our trip to Vegas to see Serenity (we're pictured above, in the theater just prior to the screening). I bet it'll be lonely in the lab w/o yours truly, but I know you guys will make it through the semester (just keep newbie Matt away from the 120 GB drives and you'll be fine).
Paris People

brad & meme, kim & a lo

We all started last summer as an odd assortment of casual acquaintances and strangers. After returning from an awesome adventure in Paris, we all seemed like old friends. Getting to know everyone was a definite highlight of the trip and getting together throughout the semester has allowed us all to maintain our friendships. Kim's party (pics above: 1- Me & Brad, 2-Me, Kim, A Lo) & our dinner trip to El Cholo (thanks to Brad for the ride & colorful commentary, Kim for letting us go to El Cholo even though she had lunch there and Laura for coming along as well) were a lot of fun and it'll definitely be weird not seeing a lot of you on a daily basis after spending the better part of the last several months together.
Freshman Friends
elcholo3
We've been slacking really badly on the staying in touch part since freshman year but I think we've recently done a lot to rekindle the good feeling of fellowship that we had. Above: Ryan, Cat, Me & Claudia partake in some tasty El Cholo's (hey, you can't argue w/50% off for SC students). Even though we don't get together for daily dinners at EVK (about as tasty as cardboard) or Parkside fridays or even movie nights in the dorm, being with you guys never gets old and we'll find ways to spend time together next year to make our last year together as fun (or more fun -> MLK in LV?) than our first year together.

So, once again, I'd like to thank every one of you who I've mentioned specifically or if you're a "member" (so to speak) of the above groups. Thank you very much for all the memories, the friendship and also for all the times that have yet to come. Take care of yourselves. I'll be sure to keep in touch while I'm away and Good Bye!

No comments: