Monday 10 October 2005

Higher Education

New post just after this one so don't forget to check it out if you haven't yet. I, however, couldn't help but let you all know about my lab class today...

When I walked into my last Physiology lab for the semester and saw "Drinks" written on the board under the agenda, I was just a little bit confused.

phslbeer

No need to take another look at the picture, those are beers on the table. I kid you not, after our final lab, the students were treated to beers* (coke, sprite & OJ for the non-alcoholics), chips & dip. Even the prof & TA took time to enjoy the moment and mingle with the kiddies (my TA is the tall guy in the pic).Finally, a school that understands real college students. The University of Otago Department of Physiology is ahead of its time. Perhaps USC could learn a thing or two.
*Drinking age in NZ is 18.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i dont mean to be mean, but maybe the reason usc doesnt is because of ....um. the drinking age being 21?haha that reminds me that i was offered beer while in NZthis summer. i am not 18 tho... hmmm