Friday 27 January 2006

Fun in LA

*edit* Thanks to Traci, I now have the group pic from Dim Sum. Check it out below.

Hello all. Just a quick little update to tell you guys what I've been up to recently. It's been a pretty busy week trying to get rec letters for my Whitaker Fellowship application and finishing up the Personal essays. All will be done this weekend so that I can get it in the mail and to their door by monday (deadline is tuesday). Wish me luck. Thanks to the well-wishers and those who have kept me sane. On to the photos...

DSC00281.JPG
Dinner at the BCD Tofu House w/Carie some night a couple of weeks ago (I believe it was the night before the car show). First time there in a long time and I had a nice reunion with the Curry Soon (soup) shown above. That's beef bulgogi at the top right as well. Mmm...tasty Korean food...
DSC00283.JPG
Allan moved into his new place just over a week ago so Brenton and I had to give him some sort of welcome. So, we put a sofa cushion up against the door and he was caught completely off guard. Real sweet apartment Allan, real sweet.
DSC00286.JPG
Here's a photo of "Kert" after a peer leadership thingy (take a close look at the name written on the box). To be honest, I only went cuz there were leftover Togo's sandwiches. How hard is it to spell Kurt? I sometimes question the listening comprehension and/or spelling competency of food service personnel...
Dim Sum
We (Traci, Kurt, Claudia, Ryan, Me, Darren, Brandon & Priscilla) took a trip out to Ocean Park for a bit of "Yum Cha" action this past weekend. Good times and delicious food. Always a good combination.
DSC00287.JPG
One of my favorite items...a fried bao. I haven't had this since my first trip to Hong Kong way back in the day. Glad to see it's back in the rotation!
racoon
Last but not least, we were heading over to Brandon's place that same night when we saw this racoon stick its head out from the sewer. This is probably one of the most bizarre (and oddly cute) animal encounters I've ever had! Reminds me a lot of the stuffed animal racoon I had as a kid.

Anyways, Happy Chinese New Year for those of you in the know and hopefully I'll have some better pics to put up sometime in the near future...just as soon as I get all these assignments out of the way. Give me a week and I promise I'll be a bit more joyful. Well, take care everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

gong xi fa cai!

Anonymous said...

ok NOW ive seen the raccoon

Anonymous said...

yay for chinese new year!!! looks like you had a nice time. man, we haven't caught up in forever--must do it soon. :)

Anonymous said...

heyyy well i didnt know how to reply to your message cuz i know you dont want texts but i also didnt want to call because i figured you were really busy. umm haha im not going to carnival tonight since i have a family dinner :) but have double the fun for me and eat some overpriced malasadas muhahahahaha