Tuesday 10 January 2006

Gung Hee Fat Choy!

Happy 2006 to everyone! I'm back at USC after spending just over a week back in Hawaii. Home was awesome and, after being away for 6+ months, it sure was nice to be back! Unfortunately, I got sick (on the same day as the Rose Bowl as well...yes, THAT Rose Bowl...no further comment) and that really limited what I was able to do while I was home. Anyways, here are some pics from my last week in New Zealand.

DSC00260.JPG
Here I am on Christmas Day holding a Weta in my hand. The Weta was simply sitting outside the door of the house where we went for Christmas Lunch and so my Uncle said "why not take a picture?" So here it is. In case you're wondering, a Weta is an insect found in NZ. If you've seen King Kong, some of the insects in that scene where the group was attacked by all the "creepy crawlers" were modelled on Wetas (look closely...it's easier to see if you check out the trailer).
DSC00265.JPG
After Christmas, the extended family went up to the holiday home up at Omaha Beach (presumably named after the famous beach in Normandy, France). It's beautiful there. Omaha Beach, NZ that is. I absolutely love it!
DSC00266.JPG
All along the beachfront community, they have placed 5 of these Teko Teko (Maori Tiki statues). Here, I do my best imitation of the pose.
DSC00267.JPG
The beach was particularly beautiful that day and it was nice and warm. Water was a bit chillier than typical Hawaii conditions but it wasn't too bad. I really wished I could've stayed a bit longer cuz I bet New Year's at the beach house would've been pretty damn sweet!!!

Well, that's just about the end of NZ. Very sad indeed! Regardless, I'm back at USC for my Senior Year (semester really) and it's been a lot of fun so far. I've seen a ton of people even though I've been back less than 48 hours. By the way things have gone so far, I can tell this should be a semester to remember. I'm very much looking forward to it all! Au Revoir for now!

No comments: