Thursday 10 August 2006

Good Summer Tip

Since it's been pretty darn hot this summer in Hawaii (and much of the rest of the Earth...go see An Inconvenient Truth if you haven't already), I'd like to offer this extremely helpful word of advice: Go enjoy some shave ice!!!

DSC00091.JPG
This here is the legit Waiola's (meaning it's on Waiola St...not like that other pretender). Dishing out tasty icy treats to island folk since ages ago...

DSC00090.JPG
Truly sweet as! Lychee on the left, Mango on the right, mochi balls underneath. Lychee & Mango get two thumbs up, but I must say that I prefer the sweet, vanilla-y taste of ice cream to the somewhat bland, though nicely textured, mochi.

Anyways, these are both pics from today's excursion. In addition to Waiola's, Darren & I covered stops as varied as Satellite City Hall, the NEX, Ala Moana & Cutter Mazda (to test drive a 3 - happy to report, it was a sweet car). In any case, I just thought I'd offer up a quick post. I can count the days I've got left here in the islands on one hand so I better start savoring the things a bit more (even though I've got work every day from now till sunday). I'll do my best to soak up as much as I can in the time I've got and hopefully I can put some pics up to share that with you all. On that note, peace out and take care!

3 comments:

watersorceress said...

waiola's! nooooooooooo! darren didn't tell me you went! i'm suffering withdrawals here.

side note, i'm thinking of getting the inconvenient truth book. lol.

oh yes, and you will see loads of pictures from hk,etc. soon. just as soon as i can get them from darren to blog. ;)

Anonymous said...

hey i LIKE the other waiolaaaaaaaaaa

Miss Tortolita said...

mMmmm that looks YUMMMY!! Bring me back some from Hawaii, homie...you know, just stuff it in a portable freezer or something! hehe jk Sooo let me know when you're back so we can meet up like the good ol days!