Saturday 22 September 2007

Employment

So, to get straight to the point, the fruitless job search has come to an end!!! [On a side note, and for what it's worth, I still believe the whole search process is flawed]. I can breathe a sigh of relief because I've been given (and have subsequently accepted) an offer from FoxHollow Technologies (located in Redwood City, CA) to become a Development Engineer! My official start date is on Oct 1 (fast approaching).

That's their logo if you're curious. If you're even more curious, click on it and it will take you to the website!

So, to celebrate the occasion, I went out to dinner with family (who were in town for my bro's soccer game) and a few friends (who happened to be free after work). Here are a few pics from dinner @ Baccali.


Me & Deryck. This guy played his first collegiate soccer game the next day during which he also scored his first collegiate goal!

Me, Priscilla, Darren & Josh. What more can I say besides, I'm glad you guys were able to come out!

Finally, Deryck & I w/Dad & Mum. The family in LA!

So, if you were quite bright/observant, you know (or googled/wiki'd) Redwood City is in Nor Cal rather than So Cal. That means, I will be moving to the Bay Area at the end of this month (Sept) to live up there! Those of you who come here (to the blog) at least semi-regularly must know that I've long preferred the Bay Area to the LA area. What will most certainly be the hardest will be leaving all my friends who are down there in LA. You all are without a doubt the reason I haven't gone complete mental, so thanks for that! Know that I'm not too far away and you'll always have a person to visit if you're in the area. On the flipside, I will have the opportunity to see some old friends up there in the Bay so that is an exciting prospect. Currently, I'm overseas in China (yes, FINALLY) where I've spent a day in Beijing, a few in Shanghai (Cat, you're the best) and, am currently spending some time, in Xi'an (think Terracotta soldiers). It's been a great to have one final opportunity to see a place I've never been (and to also practice a language which I've scarcely used since High School). I should be returning to LA sometime around midweek this coming week and I'll have a few days in town before moving all my junk up to Redwood City. Those of you in the Greater LA area, I expect to see you all (even if only for a fleeting moment) during that time. On that note, 祝你們好! Take care and farewell for now.


P.S. Expect a huge photo blog on my return from the "Motherland". I have many pics to share with you all!


No comments: