Wednesday 9 January 2008

December ('07) in a Nutshell

Hi there! I promised an update to fill you all in on my many activities last month so here goes. There are a fair few holes in the timeline but I've pretty much nicked all the photos off friends (thanks!) so what you see is what you get.


Just before the Holiday season began, I went out to Castle Rock for some outdoor rock climbing with Daniel, Julie & Richard. Here, Daniel & I have scaled this rock. As sunny as it looked, it was bloody cold!

The weekend after that, I headed home to HI to enjoy Christmas w/my family & friends. Good times. Here we are, Kurt, Myself & Ryan (Traci took the pic) riding on the Waikele Trolley after enjoying some yummy Jurison's Inn (and their popular Mochiko chicken) on Christmas Eve Day.

On Boxing Day (day after Xmas for those of you not in the know), we headed out to Waimea Bay to get some climbing done. Brian, Me & Grant (Neil & Jenna were in the front of the car). As you can see by the rain on the back windshield, it wasn't a very dry day.

Hanging upside down on an overhang route at Waimea Bay. That's Grant's hand on the bottom right. Shortly after taking this photo, he said something that made me laugh and I subsequently fell and knocked my foot against the rock. Ouch.

Here's Grant climbing the overhang problem that I was just hanging upside down on. In the background, Jenna is trying out another route between the rain showers.

After the climbing, we headed out to Kahuku to enjoy some Giovanni's Garlic Shrimp. Soooo good. Pictured: Neil, Brian, Me, Jenna.

Continuing the 'round the island eating tour, here I am a couple days later at Boot's & Kimo. Darren and I are shown here with the sign thanks to Cat's creative framing.

I went with the corned beef omelette (with fried rice) while Darren opted for the simple but tasty portuguese sausage eggs & rice. Ryan copied my order and Cat got an egg white omelette.

We all split their super delicious banana pancakes smothered in their famous Mac Nut sauce. Mmmmmm....

We were pretty full afterwards but Darren, Cat & I had just enough room for some Waiola Shave Ice!

And on my last day home, what did I choose to do? Why go to Waimea Bay and boulder of course! Here I am back on the rocks on a much prettier/sunnier day.

Though he's a newbie, Grant did really well.

We got to the top of this rocky part and took a picture with the beautiful blue sky. I'd just like to point out that I climbed this one w/o my shoes ;-)

And with that, I had to head back to the Bay Area. I opted to head back in time for New Year's Eve so that I could spend that time with friends up in the city (San Francisco). So, here we are: Travis, Kim, Dorothy & I seeing in the New Year at Kim's party.

And there we go! Not a whole ton of pics, but certainly enough for you all to get an idea of what I've been up to recently. I definitely was happy to have been able to make it home for the first time since the summer and, seeing as it will probably be my last trip for a while, I tried to see, eat & hang out with as much as I could. Thanks to everyone who made my holidays enjoyable. Family, friends & good times is what it's all about. Cheers to 2008!

1 comment:

T.A. Honda said...

I don't think I took that trolley pic, unless I was having some sort of crazy disembodied experience I was unaware of...