Monday 7 July 2008

Catch-22

So, it's been almost 3 months of unemployment for me and this past month (June) has been particularly difficult. I'm certainly much better off than I was last year when I couldn't even get an interview for months but now the trouble is converting interviews into an offer. The feedback that I've gotten from the companies that have turned me down is all starting to sound repetitive. Essentially, experience is the thing I lack most. I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to gain some experience at FoxHollow (and build the relationships that I did with the great people there) but, as hiring companies appear to perceive things, my 6 months there might as well have been fewer. I didn't hit that 1 year mark so I must be seen as a raw, young engineer (which, admittedly, I am). But why not give me a chance? I feel like I'm caught in a Catch-22 whereby I can't get a job because I don't have experience, but I can't get experience without a job. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, I guess I just need a medium to vent some frustration. Hooray for blogs I suppose. Anyways, let's hope this all won't continue for much longer. The Bay Area is great but I miss home quite a bit too. Hmm, I wonder if United has any openings for Flight Attendants...

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

chin up. it'll come soon!