Thursday 21 August 2008

Things I've Missed

So, thanks to my busy schedule and lack of blogging over the period of the last several months, I've managed to have a backlog of photos to share with you. Better late than never right?

NZ Pt. 2

Queenstown is breathtaking. Here's a panoramic of Lake Wakatipu. Would be lovely to have a home down there someday!

Me & my Grandparents in front of Lake Wakatipu. It was really early that morning...

I plead the 5th...

The famous gigantic fruit at Cromwell.

Aoraki/Mt. Cook (highest mountain in NZ), Lake Pukaki and little, old me.

Me, Aunty Karen & the Grandparents in front of the famous Cathedral in Chch (Christchurch...the Garden City).

Mt. Taranaki/Egmont from the sky on the way from Chch back to Auckland.

Let's be honest, it's never a proper trip back to NZ without a good ole Kiwi BBQ! I miss Kiwi food!

LA in Apr

So I popped down to LA for Claudia's B-day. Here we are, Priscilla, Me, Claudia & Darren, in the club.

Also went to hear Cat sing in the Siren's Reunion Concert. Lovely (though we missed Cat's solo)! Priscilla, Claudia, Cat, Me, Brandon, Darren & Ryan.

We went out for dinner afterwards at Zucca in Downtown LA.

DJ P-Lin on the turntables (Josh's to be specific).

And here we all are post Dim Sum. Kellie, Darren, Priscilla, Brandon, Grant, Deryck, Me, Ryan R, Cat, Ryan C, Jeanine & Claudia.

Back in the Bay

Travis (fast asleep) & Dorothy on our way back from a trip to check out the North Face outlet and catch lunch with Kev in Beserkley. Sad to see you two move away but I'm sure you'll have a blast over there in New Haven, CT!

Then Aunty Karen, Mum & Deryck came up for a visit in June. On the first night, we did dinner @ Bistro Boudin at SF's famous Fisherman's Wharf. I had garlic fries, haricot vert & crab cakes. Delish!

Being touristy meant that we did the obligatory Alcatraz tour. Here's Aunty Karen pulling on a jail cell.

My bro doing his best to be thug.

Mummy dearest sitting on the toilet in a cell. I hope they cleaned that...

Me, Mum & Deryck. Alcatraz Island circa June 2008.

Aunty Karen in front of our boat on a cloudy, cold & windy SF day. Typical Bay Area weather...

Deryck & I on the boat deck on the way to Angel Island. It started clearing up nicely (though it was still bloody cold)!

Can you tell they're sisters? [Ed. Note: Apparently I've used this caption before...oh well. Bonus points if you can name where.]

Bay2Breakers 2008. A fun run with heavy emphasis on the fun. People dress up to do crazy things and I figured it'd be fun to check it out. The Luau guys (Daniel & I) on the left, Runaway Bride peeps (Priyanshu & Alisa) on the right.

Celebrating Diana's (center) birthday! Epic. Look, there's even a balloon arch!!! How awesome!

The Euro Cup 2008 Final Replica Match ball. I can't complain about not having a soccer ball to play with anymore. Thanks!

And, after I saw this rugby ball at Sports Authority, I knew I had to have it (even though no one 'round here wants to play with me).

It's It ice cream sandwich. One of the things I love about the Bay Area! Interestingly, my love affair with these began at Camp Pupukea of all places!

My cube at work. I haven't mentioned it on here till now but I finally got a job as a Manufacturing Engineer at Access Closure. Sweetness. Apple, HI & Paris are represented proudly in the cube and since I took the picture, I added an NZ flag to the mix. [P.S. Observant eyes will see that the jacket hanging on the chair is my Foxhollow North Face one. I miss you Foxhollow!]

Last but not least, here's my Turkey pesto sandwich from Cafe Borrone in Menlo Park. Lovely way to finish off a weekend bike ride!

So, there are still a few gaps in the timeline (mainly Carie's B-day in LA) which hopefully will be filled in sometime reasonably soon. Hope you all enjoyed the pics. Take care and catch you later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not look like my sister !!

Anonymous said...

funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

still in sf?