Monday 22 September 2008

September 2008 (mostly)

So, just wanted to do a quick photo upload to cover some of what's gone on this month. Let's get underway...


I was lucky enough to be able to head on home for Labor Day weekend and I enjoyed this Seared Ahi Caesar Salad @ Gyotaku (Niu Valley).

Words can't describe how much I love Home. This photo was taken on a beach near Laie where my Mum's Uniki was.

So this Uniki was a hula performance that my Mum danced in. She's been doing hula since I left to go to Uni.

A close up of my plumeria lei (and my Local Motion aloha shirt).

‘Ohi‘a lehua. Very similar to the Pōhutukawa of NZ. Both lovely, lovely plants.

Mum doing hula.

I posted a pic of this food the day that I ate it (just scroll down a bit) but here it is in a bit more detail. Opihi, poke, haupia, lau lau, lomi salmon, poi, kalua pig, okinawan sweet potato and chicken long rice. Soooooooo goooooood! I wish I could find some decent local food up here...

My family on a beautiful Hawaiian day: Me, Po Po, Mum, Dad & Gung Gung (post uniki).

Melissa, Kurt & Myself at Romano's Mac Grill. Had a lovely dinner during which we were serenaded by Cat!!!! Despite a lingering cold, your voice was as beautiful as ever!

How can it be a trip home w/o Boots & Kimo's famous banana mac nut pancakes?!

Me & Noelle @ Boots & Kimo.

Melissa, Jon, Cat & Myself outside of Boots & Kimo. We were pretty full after that!

Went back to the Bay Area and here we are the weekend after. Charles, Song, Nick, Diana & I outside of Village Pub where we went to celebrate Nick's B-day!

My mum & grandparents came up to visit and we took a day trip down to LA to visit the bro. Here, Deryck & I pose with our grandparents in Deryck's dorm room.

And finally, Priyanshu's farewell tour of the Bay Area made a stop at Ben's where we enjoyed some ridiculously delicious food, talked story and played a few video games: P, Diana, Nick, Charles & Alisa.

So, it's been a rather eventful month. It's getting busy at work too which is both a blessing and a curse. I'm also glad to report that Hippolyta is back and in good shape. I'm so happy to have my car back...I couldn't have anticipated how much I missed her...

Anywho, take care folks. I'm hoping to capitalize on a bit of warm weather and ride my bike to work tomorrow. Cya!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I need to go to Hawaii some time...that food looks great! o.O

Anonymous said...

hawaiiiiiiiii :(

Miss Tortolita said...

Hi Adrian! Thank you for the kind words. It's great to hear from you. I wish I was as good as you when it comes to updating the blog. I love reading your blog and all of the yummy food pictures..those pancakes look so gooood! And your mum is adorable as a hula dancer. I'm glad that all seems to be well with you and your new job. (& i'm glad your car is restored and back in action)