Monday 8 December 2008

Motorcycles & Mancunians

Last week turned out to be a ridiculously crazy one. It also happened to be quite a bit of fun! Being busy at work helped only to make the moments away from it that much more fun. Things started out with the Motorcycle Safety Course (hence Motorcycle being in the title). Completion of this course would mean that I can go get my motorcycle license w/o having to do the road test at the DMV! The classroom session took all of Tuesday night and it left me anxious for the riding session that would occur over the weekend. More on that later. The night after that course, I went to Oracle Arena to see Oasis play (and hence the Mancunians in the title: Oasis was formed in Manchester, England). Here are some pics:

Kevin, Gordon & Myself waiting amongst the crowd for the Brothers Gallagher to take the stage.

After a ridiculously long wait, here they come!

Oasis!!! Live in concert! I still can't believe it (kinda). Gem, Andy, Liam & Noel projected onto the massive screens. We weren't sitting that close to the stage so it helped to have those screens!

Liam belting out a song. Probably tossing in some profanity as well. For good measure.

As much as I love the band as a whole, I'm quite partial to Noel's songs (he's singing one in this pic). Hearing "Don't Look Back in Anger" had to be my highlight of the night (followed closely by Champagne Supernova). Those songs take me back to '95/96...
In a nutshell (and to paraphrase the Gallaghers): F*cking Brilliant! Not much else to be said other than to thank Kev & Gordon for coming along.

Then when the weekend rolled by, I spent Saturday morning putting around a parking lot on a 125cc motorcycle and much of Sunday morning doing the same. They conducted a skills, riding test on Sunday and I managed to pass! So now all I have to do is take a little certificate down to the DMV and pass the written and more two wheel fun for me! More to come I guess. Just wanted to share the Oasis pics and Motorcycle stuffs. Still need to post old pictures...sorry about that. For now, however, I gotta catch up on some of the sleep that I missed out on last week. On that note, take care all. G'night!

4 comments:

Miss Tortolita said...

You're a moto rider now? sweeet!!! That sounds like fun. Be careful though!

Anonymous said...

OASIS!!! Awesome. I agree, Champagne Supernova...and of course they must've played Wonderwall right? Did they play Stop Crying Your Heart Out? Man, you're so lucky! :-)

Anonymous said...

dude did they play wonderwall??

Adrian L said...

Yes, of course they played Wonderwall!