Thursday 4 February 2010

Random January 2010

You might be asking what has Adrian been up to?! Well, for one thing, I've been trying to get over an annoying cough (thanks Deryck) that just doesn't want to go away completely. I've also had a number of visitors dropping by (and staying at my 1 bedroom place) keeping me busy/entertained in many ways. I can't say that I've gotten off to the best start with my "more photos" resolution, but check a few of these photos out to get a tiny glimpse into what I've been up to.


The Asian Art Museum in San Francisco looking glorious in the golden glow of the setting sun. I'm a fan of the building but looking at it from afar, you wouldn't really guess it has anything to do with Asian Art based on how it looks on the outside.

Po Po, Gung Gung & Grandson. Again, I'm a fan of the architecture despite it being kinda non-Asian.

A gilded statue from Burma on display in their special exhibit. DIdn't realize no photos allowed till after I took the pic. Really.

They did a live mochi pounding demonstration in celebration of the New Year. Above, you can see a product of their efforts (minus a bite I took).

Prison Window by Robert Gober. This comes from the SFMOMA where I went to check out their 75th anniversary shindig. Art, music, lots of people and free admission. I sadly don't have a picture of the creme brulee I enjoyed (from the creme brulee cart who had setup shop at the Electric Works gallery) just before heading over to the SFMOMA, but it was damn good.

The backside of the Palace of the Legion of Honor. You can't see it from this view, but this museum is situated in a similar manner to the Auckland War Memorial Museum. If you would like to know why I have no picture of the more familiar looking front of the building, it is because the sun was shining towards the camera at the front and completely washing out the image on my poor camera phone.

A view of the Golden Gate from just outside the aforementioned Palace of the Legion of Honor. San Francisco is a lovely city a lot of the time.

So, really, I'll be doing my best to do this photo thing more often. I can't let Deryck post more blog entries than me!!!! 'Till next time everyone...

1 comment:

dRock said...

so...i have 11 posts so far. how many do you have?