Monday 8 February 2010

San Diego!

I've got several more posts to blog before I can catch up to the bro. So here goes...
I headed down to San Diego this past weekend to catch up w/Brad & Jazelle and here are a few photos of what we got up to (well, not really...more like what we saw & ate).


Brunch @ Whisknladle in La Jolla. They mixed seaweed into their churned butter. The taste was subtle but quite a creative substitute for salt.

My dish: Carlsbad mussels in a white wine, garlic, shallot & cream sauce. The sauce was liquid crack (we got extra bread to soak up as much of the unhealthy-goodness as we could).

Dessert consisted of a single scoop of homemade honey + papaya ice cream. Tasty. I liked the honey but the papaya taste was more difficult to discern.

San Diego's Old Globe in Balboa Park and a sculpture called Tumbleweed in the foreground. Overcast but thankfully dry.

Blue vase also found in Balboa Park. Not much of a story here, I simply thought it looked photogenic.

Lunch @ Lolita's on Superbowl Sunday. Carne Asada Fries, three pollo asado tacos and two Cali Burritos. An obscene amount of food for 3 people by just about anyone's standards.

My sincerest gratitude must be extended to Brad & Jazelle for putting up with a guest for a couple of nights. Hopefully the next time I stop by for a visit, the weather will cooperate a bit more and allow us to play outside some more. You guys know you always have a place to crash in Redwood City.

1 comment:

lianna said...

im sitting in class and you are making me hungry!!!!