Monday 5 July 2010

June 2010 Finale

I'm gonna backtrack a little bit and recap the events from the previous weekend. I had a pretty big one over the 4th of July, but you'll have to wait just a bit for me to put that post together. In the meantime...


My first hike since winning the pedometer crown: Wunderlich Park. Here I am with Daniel & Mr. Inouye at Meadow Flat.

Nick came as well and here we are at the aforementioned Meadow Flat. It was ridiculously hot if that isn't apparent in the photo. I guess we should've expected that by hiking at 4pm in the afternoon...

With all that heat, I bet this banana slug was having a rough afternoon.

Ah, so that's where we're going.

Taking a break and enjoying a snack in the shade along the Alambique Trail.

After the late afternoon hike, Nick & I grabbed dinner at the Paradise Kabob restaurant in Downtown Redwood City. A nice family owned establishment with kind service and pretty good food. Above, we have the Lamb & Ground beef kabobs complemented by a side salad and saffron rice.

Beef kabob with the side salad and saffron rice. Pretty darn good. The ground beef kabob had the most distinct and satisfying first impression. At the end of the meal though, despite all of them being tasty, the lamb really stood out to me.

Had to follow up with a dessert once I heard they had this on the menu: saffron rosewater with pistachio ice cream. Reminds me a lot of one of my favourite ice cream shops, Mashti Malone's, in LA. Brilliant. I'm glad I now know a place I can go to eat this wonderful flavour without having to drive 300+ miles to So Cal.

So there we have it. Stay tuned very soon for an update on this recently past 4th of July weekend. I promise it's a pretty good one.

No comments: