Sunday 17 October 2010

October Activities

I apologize for the blog silence. It has been a busy beginning of the month and I have hardly had time to catch my breath. Work in particular has gotten very busy recently and will continue to get busier, especially as one of my co-workers will be on vacation for the next three weeks and I'll have to take care of things in his absence. Anyhow, I wanted to show you a few quick pics from what I have been up to in the early half of this month. Have a look!


Close-up of homemade pizza made of pesto, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and (NZ mild) cheese on (Trader Joe's) whole wheat dough. Mmmmmm.

At the SF Vegetarian Fair with Nyssa. Thanks for letting me tag along! I ate a surprising amount of good food here and it has definitely inspired me to diversify my eating habits.

Dinner @ Chaat Cafe in Berkeley. Clockwise from Bottom left: Samosa chaat, mango lassi, naan, butter chicken, malai kofta and basmati rice. Yum yum! This meal preceded a trip to Ici (gourmet ice cream). No surprise that I overate this evening...

Looking out the window of a Bombadier CRJ700 jet down towards Los Padres National Park (I think) and the Pacific Ocean beyond, on my way to see Deryck's Oxy Soccer game against UC Santa Cruz. Never easy to fly roundtrip in the same day, but having a chance to see Mum, Dad, Bro & Grant down in So Cal made it a worthwhile venture.

A nighttime view out to the Bay Bridge during Francisco's housewarming party in SF. Thanks for inviting me to drop by to see the view, have a drink, converse and snag some free pretzel snacks courtesy of a random tweet to the Pretzel Crisp® rep. Not a bad way to spend a Friday night.

And to round out the weekend, went to Candlestick Park to see the winless 49ers try to beat the Raiders.

In the "Victory Formation" counting down the seconds till a thrilling 17-9 win! I'm glad my first NFL game could be a win for the home team (i.e. the team I dislike less). Thanks to Dave for the spare tickets. I'm going to guess that you saw the weather report (cold and rainy) and decided to stay at home.

Daniel & I after witnessing the 49er's first win of 2010!

Lots I've done/seen/eaten so far in the month but we've got a couple more weeks yet as Autumn creeps in. So long summer. Onward to the cold days...

3 comments:

John said...

It's a very unique blog.

Fantastic content and great pictures. Wow...

I like your blog.

Please visit:
http://baliholiday-digitalview.blogspot.com/

Keep blogging.
Have a great time.

lianna said...

i like butter chicken!

jwinnings said...

Vegetarian Fair? I'm jealous.