Thursday 1 September 2011

Abbott!

So, I mentioned I'd do a little update about this new job I've got so here we go. At the beginning of August, I started a new gig working at Abbott Vascular (yes, NYSE: ABT) at their Structural Heart division. I've traded my previous role as a Manufacturing Engineer working in the "vascular closure" market for the exciting and unfamiliar world of R&D Engineering. At Structural Heart, I'll be involved with the MitraClip device, a minimally invasive (via catheter) mitral valve therapy designed to repair mitral regurgitation through implantation. Moving into R&D marks an exciting departure for me from a career perspective, but I'm also extremely thrilled to gain more experience working on a mechanically complex device. I learned a great deal from the projects and people I became involved with at AccessClosure and I look forward to applying those lessons at Abbott. Onward and upward!

P.S. The photo above shows my desk. It only took four weeks, but I've managed to clutter it up and give it that "lived in" look.

1 comment:

dRock said...

Is that my fridge?