Friday 10 August 2012

Ford Focus ST Experience


So this past Saturday, I got to ride around in a brand new Focus ST. They set up a autocross style course in the parking lot of Candlestick Park (home of the 49ers!) and got to drive around a bit (a lot more aggressively than I typically do on the streets). After two initial laps acclimatizing to the car on the "beginners track", I got four laps around the slightly more challenging, timed circuit. They said a decent laptime would be in the 32 second region and I thankfully bested that with a 31.8 second time on my fourth lap (still pretty far off the ~30.0 second time reputed to be the fastest of the day). I will say that this 252 bhp vehicle handled quite well and stayed pretty well behaved despite maximum accelerator application, abrupt braking and constant side-to-side steering maneuvers. All in all, a fun day driving a quick car around and learning more about a potential contender for my next vehicle...

Thanks a bunch Ford!

No comments: