Wednesday 1 August 2012

Midsummer 2012

Moving right along to all those little random things I got around to after my trips home...


On a hazy day in the Bay Area, I looked outside my house to see this colorful sunset. The colors of the picture just don't quite do the real life sight justice...

Thanks to Daniel's help, I spent an afternoon pulling the old spark plugs from my motorcycle and replacing them with shiny new ones. Unfortunately, my bike still won't start...

After fiddling unsuccessfully with the motorcycle, I joined Brent in the city for a BBQ at Noelle's. My contribution to the feast: homemade burgers with pepperjack cheese and avocado on a toasted wheat bun. Delicious of course.

So Daniel turned 30 this year and we celebrated with pizza and this balloon.

Went out on a lovely weekend for a hike in Santa Cruz. No trip to SC would be complete without stopping for some Pacific Cookie Co. My favorite: dark chocolate & dried cranberries. Yum.

With summer well and truly upon us, I'm glad to say that the old Foxhollow gang has resurrected our semi-weekly pickup soccer game. I took the above pic after our first game of the season on a lovely, warm afternoon.

Rainier cherries. The best kind in my humble opinion.

Kids grow up so fast these days. Happy Birthday Devin!

Nothing like a potluck for 4th of July. Among the tasty offerings: tri tip, ribs, sausage, pearl couscous and mixed green salad. Drove up the hill to watch some of the fireworks around the Bay after, but didn't get any pics unfortunately. Happy B-day America.

It being summer, I had yet another BBQ to attend within a few days of the 4th. Sausage, pasta salad and, the highlight, my homemade salad. In the mix, I had cucumbers, grape tomatoes, sweet peppers, heirloom carrots and romaine lettuce.

The last "Edgewood Eats" food truck meet up occurred a few weeks back and I couldn't pass up an opportunity to eat at my favorite truck: The Chairman. Kurobota pork on the left, braised pork on the right. I ordered up both meat choices in the baked "bao" since it gives you a nice, slight sweet taste. So good!

Dinner for two at Shalizaar. On the platter, we had koubideh (ground beef), lamb and amazing game hen skewers. The game hen alone made the dinner worth it. Too much food to be consumed in one night but I won't complain about having dinner for a couple nights after.

Finally, the BBQ at my house a couple weeks ago yielded some enjoyable company, yummy food and intense heat/sunshine. Bulgogi from Costco, chicken tenders marinated in NZ BBQ sauce and some kale/lentil salad that Brent/Mary brought. Thanks to everyone for coming by despite the warm weather and my lack of seating!

The summer keeps trucking along and I'm glad to say I've gotten to eat some great food and hang out with some amazing friends. Onward to the next adventure. Until next time.

No comments: