Friday 6 May 2005

Serenity: The Big Damn Movie

AMAZING MOVIE!!! Everyone must go see it when it is released. It is currently 5:54 in the AM and I still can't get over road trippin' to Las Vegas in order to see this movie in all it's glory. To add to the joy of seeing the film, we also scored free key chains, a free button and (the absolute kicker) got to meet Summer Glau & Joss Whedon. This trip was awesome. Gotta thank Allan & Brenton for the good memories. That was special stuff my friends. Pics to come when: 1) I am more awake... 2) I develop the film camera that we used.




*edit @ 5:11 in the PM*

Here are the highly-anticipated pics from our awesome adventure. Enjoy!


innout

Brenton, Allan, Myself enjoying our In & Out 3x3's (Allan wussed out w/a double-double). Tasty stuff. We ate while waiting in line for the theater peeps to let us in. If you notice, we've all got Serenity buttons (mine isn't visible but they're on our shirts) courtesy of a fellow hard-core Browncoat. Shiny!

summer&joss

After what was a ridiculously good movie (everyone has to go and see this when it comes out in September...the 30th to be particular), Summer Glau (River) & Joss Whedon (the show's creator) both came out for a signing session. Both seem like genuinely wonderful people. Summer was very gracious for the support of the fans and Joss was his usually witty self (full of boyish charm...er...child-like enthusiasm).

summer

Seeing the movie almost 5 months before anyone else was the highlight of the evening. This photo was the cherry on top. Allan, Brenton, Myself and the lovely and talented Summer Glau (my apologies, no accompanying photos of her graceful feet - inside joke). We would've gotten a similar pic w/Joss if we could've, but we were shoo-ed away by the PR and security people who wanted to keep the line moving as quickly as possible.

memorabilia

And here, my friends, is the loot. An unforgettable trip and worth every minute. I'm on a such a high now that it'll be hard to come back down to Earth for the 2 finals I have on monday. Wish me luck. On that note, have an amazing weekend and I'll catch you folks later. CAN'T STOP THE SIGNAL!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, are you on my site? Cal told me about your BDM adventure.