Sunday 26 June 2005

AKL Antics

Been up to quite a bit over the last few days. Nothing big, just little outings here and there to keep things interesting. First event of note was the arrival of my dear Aunty Karen for the weekend (along with my new toy with which all the pictures here have been taken with - my new sony cameraphone). Her arrival meant an increase in family activities since a significant number of us were around.
DSC00011.JPG
We began by having a big family dinner at Grand Harbour where we enjoyed their wonderful Peking Duck. The pic above is of the first course of the meal - the crispy duck skin in the little flour pancake thing served w/shrimp chips. Mmmm...tasty.
DSC00017.JPG
Aunty, Grandpa, Grandma & twin cousins: Brittany & Caitlin.
DSC00019.JPG
We (belatedly) commemorated the b-days for 3 of us since the days are in relatively close proximity (within a week). The cake was a chocolate orange mud cake from "The Cheesecake Shop."
DSC00691.JPG
Saturday meant another trip to Snowplanet (L - Me, R - Callum...btw, this wasn't taken on my cameraphone...it's the only pic [in this entry] that isn't). I must say, skiing is pretty darn fun and I'm getting better at it each time I hit the slopes. Good times despite the freezing cold...though, it's definitely helping me get used to Dunedin-type temps. We came back just in time to eat dinner and watch the All Blacks thump the British & Irish Lions 21-3. Go the All Blacks!!!
DSC00023.JPG
A tasty Kiwi treat, these are pikelets - essentially sweetened, mini pancakes.
DSC00029.JPG
Here I am, polishing off the last bit of orange chocolate chip ice cream for dessert while my cousin Josh watches on.
DSC00026.JPG
My Uncle and I went out to watch the New Zealand Warriors rugby league (a different kind or rugby) game against the Brisbane Broncos. This game was the 10th anniversary of the Warriors first game in the NRL (National...you know the rest) competition. The game was very lively and was played in clear (though chilly) weather. 30-18 was the final score and it was an upset victory by the Warriors over the Broncos (who had won their 10 previous games and were leading the league).
DSC00024.JPG
What's a day at the stadium without enjoying some sort of concession stand food. My Uncle Lance here is enjoying the sausage & chips.
Well, I'm in to my last week here in Auckland and I'm finishing up with some of the packing that I have to get done before I head down to Dunedin. I hope you are all a lot warmer than me right now! Take care and catch you later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're having a blast! You're so lucky you get to attend those rugby games in person! I have to settle for my friend's club team up here:-P Take care!