Thursday 16 February 2006

Food & Fun

Hi there everyone. It's been pretty hectic the past couple of weeks with a generous amount of homework sprinkled in between a brace of midterms. I have, however, managed to get in some tasty eats and fun times with various buddies. Observe...

DSC00296
Spanish rice, salad, beans & enchiladas suizas from La Barca. By no means the best Mexican food I've ever had, but it's kinda nice to get some decent stuff after being away for so long. Went to dinner there with 'Cisco, Brad & Laura and we had a grand old time despite waiting forever to get a table (don't believe them when they say "10-15 minutes").
DSC00297
Dinner was followed by some battle of the sexes trivial pursuit action at Laura's apartment. You all should know by now how much I enjoy playing that game. We ended the game tied up by I know without a doubt that the guys would've prevailed in the long run. Anyhow, somehow Brad got a hold of a feather boa and a photo had to be taken. Apologies for the photo quality...my camera phone does have its limitations in low light...
DSC05258.JPG
Finally, I've managed to pop open and use the creme brulee kit that Carie gave me for Xmas (thanks for that!). Here are the ramekins filled with creme-y goodness just after being placed in the oven.
DSC05259.JPG
And, here is a picture of the final product w/torched sugar and all. The creme brulee recipe could use a bit of tweaking but it wasn't bad for a first attempt. It was pretty damn fun getting to use the butane torch to carmelize the sugar and I'm looking forward to more fun with fire.

That, my friends, was the last week or so in a nutshell (at least the fun bits). Not sure what's gonna happen this weekend but it is a long one. Therefore, I hope I'll be able to enjoy it as much as possible. Happy President's Day weekend everyone and I hope you all have great weekends as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im going to see you at the game RAH!

Anonymous said...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr