Tuesday 28 February 2006

Currently Listening to: Fat Freddy's Drop

live @ the matterhorn

Live at the Matterhorn EP

Fat Freddy's Drop is a group of out Wellington, New Zealand.  Their #1 Best-Selling Album "Based on a True Story" was the top selling NZ album of 2005 and even managed to get the record of most weeks in the #1 spot by any NZ artist/group ever!  I brought back that album from NZ with me (on the recommendation of a friend) and I definitely was not disappointed.  They have a very cool, reggae like sound and their songs have a live, spontaneous quality to them.  After discovering that they are available for download on iTunes, I picked up their first EP, Live at the Matterhorn.  It features just 4 tracks but those 4 tracks total to over an hour's worth of music.  Good stuff even if it's completely different from most of the other songs I've got in my vast iTunes library.  Anyways, I'm just really enjoying their sound right now and I hope some of you will give them a chance and check them out (the same way I took a chance on them just before coming back stateside).  You won't be disappointed.  On that note, does anyone want to go to Sydney (Oz) for Spring Break to see Bic Runga play on St. Patrick's Day?  Let me know.  Peace out!
Click here if you've got iTunes!

*edit* While I'm on the topic of music, you all should check out this group featuring a good friend of mine. Good tunes over here as well (you can even listen to the songs for free)! Hope you're doing well Ryan. Anyways, here's the link to the music of Waking Early.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey that guy was hot!

Anonymous said...

I love fat freddy's drop and I listen to them almost everyday while I dream of New Zealand. I'm glad you ventured out of your comfort zone of female vocalists.

oh, and random, but I don't think the CD of Ryan's music with your 'fo sho' thing ever made it out of NZ. Me sad.