Saturday 6 May 2006

Exam Period Update: Pasadena Again

Howdy folks. The first week of finals is in the books and just 3 days plus 4 exams are left. So, just to take a bit of a break this weekend, we decided to take a trip on the Metro back to Pasadena (y'know, cuz one trip on public transportation in the past 2 weeks wasn't good enough). Also, since I haven't had nearly enough pictures of food, here are a ton for you all to enjoy.

meat & cheese
Dinner was at a restaurant serving Spanish tapas called Bar Celona (clever eh?). Here's Kurt's plate of Spanish cured meats and cheeses! They had some damn good chorizo there.
shrimp & crap
Tiger prawns on top, crabcakes on the bottom. Darren & Priscilla ordered this to go with their main dish...
short ribs
Short ribs. It looked pretty good but I'll admit I didn't have a taste.
lamb shank
Finally, we get to my dish. I ordered a lamb shank that came with some roasted veges and potato puree. The menu outside, which was outdated, said it was New Zealand lamb but the waiter said it no longer was. It was good but the sauce wasn't as complementary as I would have hoped and that kept it from being better than good.
the gang
Here's the gang with all of our food. Brandon, Kurt, Me, Priscilla and Darren. It was unfortunately a bit too dark for my poor old phone so I apologize for the quality.
brandon
And here's what was missing from the last entry: pics from the Metro. Here's Brandon resting in his seat.
d&p
Priscilla was probably the most comfortable cuz she had Darren between her and the uncomfortable Metro seats.
kurt & me
And finally, here are Kurt & I lounging around. I dunno what it was (probably the food actually) but we were all pretty tired by the time we got into the train. It should be said that we went back to 21 Choices for some more yoghurt action and that most definitely did not help to make us any more awake.

Luckily for Brandon & I, we didn't have a take home final to work on after dinner but the same cannot be said about Darren, Priscilla & Kurt. They got it done but it looked pretty rough. Anyways, just a few more finals to get through before the absolute end. Wish us luck and I'll keep you all posted on the current events. Commencement here we come!

1 comment:

watersorceress said...

i luurrve the pictures. can i borrow? ^__^