Wednesday 28 November 2007

Brooke...Again, Again

Nary 4 months ago, I saw Brooke down in LA. How fortunate that I have been able to see her again, up here in SF this time 'round, over such a short period of time! I was hoping to have some company to come along with me on this occasion but it didn't eventuate. You all know who you are and you should all know that you missed out on another great performance! Anywho, here are some pics from the show!


Brooke tuning her guitar before the start of the show. She played with just one other person accompanying on keys. She was very comfortable and had some lovely stories to share with the crowd. I believe this is the most talkative she's been out of all the chances I've had to see her.

She started out with "Better", which is the one song I wanted to hear that she didn't play last time around so I'm pretty pleased that I was able to hear it this time. Brilliant, just brilliant.

My final picture. Here she is sitting down for the only song she played (solo) on the keys. Of course it was "Arithmetic" (arguably my favorite song) and I would've taken a few more pics during the song except my poor camera phone makes a fairly loud "shutter" sound when it takes a pic. Would've been too big of a disturbance, especially during a song such as this played so delicately.

"Better", "Hosea's Wife", "Deciphering Me", "Love, Where is Your Fire?", "Arithmetic", "Albertine" and "C.S. Lewis Song" is the setlist as I remember it.

Sorry for the poor pic quality. I forgot my regular digi cam so I had to settle for these. Once again, I saw several individuals filming songs...hopefully these will appear on YouTube so those of you who weren't there can experience a bit of the magic that is Brooke Fraser. It's late and it's time for me to go sleep. G'night all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice. you posted! nice seeing you the other night