Thursday 11 March 2010

How long has it been March?

Not a whole lot to chat about at the moment. I'll share that work has been brutal and, in many ways, all consuming. I'm fortunate to work with some great people who make the overall experience better than tolerable. Cheers for that.

I'll also briefly share my most recent musical discoveries: Basia Bulat, who I had the pleasure of hearing in person up in San Francisco last night, and Jess Chambers, who I hope to have the pleasure of hearing live someday. I'd recommend you give them a listen if you like singer-songwriter types. Unsurprisingly, both fit my penchant for female singers. Only one, though, hails from NZ (I'll leave the joy of discovering whom to you, my dear reader).




I got sick again last week (for shame...I know, not a great start to 2010 health-wise). As has become customary for me during periods of illness, I once again concocted a hearty chicken soup. This one turned out to be the best I've made yet I reckon. Chicken, carrots, onion, sweet potato, broccoli and tomato (much of which I acquired at the Mt. View Farmers' market) combine quite harmoniously to form a rich and tasty soup. I'd attribute much of my recovery (and good feeling) to the magic of the soup shown above.

Prior to jetting up to SF for the Basia Bulat concert last night, I dined at Sancho's Taqueria in Palo Alto. I chose to try the pollo asado & fish tacos, of which I liked the fish better. Not too bad. Lighter than the Aguililla Market tacos I like so much, but not quite as tasty.
So, there we have it. Just a bit to tide you all over for now. I'll end with the comment that I need a vacation...

No comments: