Sunday 15 August 2010

The Sues in SF Part 2

The adventure continues...


Finally got to try Gitane! Who'd have thought that it's much easier to get a table there on a weekday night? Bacon bon bons to start (prunes stuffed with goat cheese wrapped in bacon with a port sauce).

Enjoying a lovely meal on a typically cool SF evening.

Roast quail stuffed with chorizo over a potato gallette and sweet corn. Yum, yum. Well done Gitane. I think I still like Aziza overall better, but this is a damn good dish for the price.

Our friend the Basilisk at the California Academy of Science. We went on Thursday night for the weekly "Nightlife" event, during which they open late w/plenty of drinks, food & 21+ action.

Butterfly and a flower in the Rainforest section of the CAS.

Butterfly in the foreground, enjoying a sip of nectar as his/her friend the bird watches in the background.

It's electric (eel). Boogie woogie woogie...

A view from below...looking up through the flooded Amazon floor up towards the Rainforest dome.

And a similar view with us in it.

Aunty & Uncle having a look at all the starfish & other marine life in the hands-on exhibit.

No trip to the CAS is complete without stopping by to see Claude the albino alligator. I said "hi" for you Mari.

I had an awesome time playing tour guide with Aunty and Uncle in town. I'm glad they made it all the way up to SF (for the first time ever) to visit me and the city I live in now. I hope they had as much fun as I did! Cheers!!!

No comments: