Friday 6 August 2010

Thursday Night @ SFMOMA

For the record, I've not experienced a colder summer than the one I'm in the midst of now. With that said, how about some artwork on a "school night" (i.e. weekday night)? Be forewarned I won't be able to remember the name/artist of everything I saw, but I shall do my best...


Food; specifically an apple. Of course I liked it. Too bad someone ate it already.

A Wayne Thiebaud painting inspired by the hilly geometry of SF.

A snake-like tie sculpture positioned near the previously seen apple core.

Gerhard Richter paintings: L = Seascape, R = Streets of Madrid.

Random stuff. Dunno whether the (downward) bend of the plane wingtip might have resulted from someone (not me, I swear) walking into the sculpture moments prior to me taking this photo or not...

I must admit I like how one can lose themselves in art sometimes.

An example of minimalist art.

The sculpture garden in the twilight. You can see the previously shown 'minimalist' art example just right of center.

A sculpture entitled Chance Meeting. I'm attempting to butt in on the conversation.

Lovely evening in the City I must say. Off to work bright and early in the morning. G'night yawl!

1 comment:

Harrison said...

Does Chance Meeting look better without the Hawaiian words in the signs?