Tuesday 25 October 2011

Snippets of Summer's End

I had a post a while back about summer coming to an end, but we have been blessed with yet another weekend of lovely, warm weather. You can definitely feel the changing of the seasons in the air (have for several weeks now), but I'll not be complaining of 70-80˚F weather for as long as it cares to stay that way. Anyways, I've been a bit lazy with the posting so I'll share a few pics from the last several weeks.


This comes from last month when Harrison came to town. At the suggestion of Ari, I decided to take Harrison to the Old Port Lobster Shack in Redwood City for some food. I tried the "Naked Lobster Roll", which was nothing more than buttered toast and lobster. And a side of garlic fries and drawn butter for good measure. Coincidentally, Ari happened to be dining there the same night I showed up for dinner too. What're the odds?! Thanks for the suggestion, it was quite tasty.

Went to the UH v. SJSU football game a few weeks ago with Daniel, Julie & Richard. The photo above is of UH driving in the 3rd quarter (Miah Ostrowski scores a play or two later). Yet again, despite having a forgettable team, SJSU manages to challenge UH. Unlike previous occasions when I've been present, they managed to score in the final minute to win. How depressing that I've now seen both UH and USC lose to Bay Area teams in my presence.

Tried yet another new Ramen place in San Mateo called Ramen Parlor with Nick & Diana. I think this is at least the 6th ramen place I've been to in San Mateo. Kinda ridiculous if you ask me. Thumbs up for the fried prawn, pork broth and bacon bits. However, they also add lobster oil to all their ramen and while it sounds great, it just made it taste kinda shell-fishy (in an odd way). The take home message is that I still like Ramen Dojo better I guess.

Okay, so there we go. Nothing major planned coming up in the near future, but keep an eye out for the next update. Cheers!

2 comments:

lianna said...

is that a quail egg?

Adrian L said...

yup. quail egg.