Sunday 2 October 2011

Esperanza Spalding


UPDATED: Esperanza Spalding at the Paramount Theater in Oakland, back out on stage for the encore performing a beautiful cover of Abbey Lincoln's "Throw it Away".

Photo by Daniel Chan of SFstation.com


Also posting a link to David Becker's (of examiner.com) review of last night's show. A good summary and a bit more detailed than what I could put together. Click on through here.
So, this evening I had the fortune of experiencing the wonderful music of Esperanza Spalding. She played an amazing set from her recent, Grammy award winning album Chamber Music Society at the Paramount Theater in Oakland, CA. I am a bit at a loss for words to describe the talent of this amazing musician and singer. No photos allowed at the venue, and I forgot my camera anyways. However, if you haven't heard any of her music yet, check out the embedded song below. I encourage you all to give her a listen and, if you like what you hear, go find out more about her. Until next time, enjoy...

No comments: