Thursday 14 July 2005

Courtesy of Cat...

Thanks to Cat, who FINALLY uploaded her highly anticipated photos, I can show you guys a few more pics from the last week or so. Enjoy!


Cat's wearing my ultra warm Kathmandu Goosedown jacket (oh so warm!) and I'm wearing Cat's ultra white jacket (oh so white!). It was a bit tight in there, but somehow I squeezed into it without damaging the jacket. Now I know if I'm ever somewhere and I'm really cold and Cat has her jacket, I could possibly keep warm...uh...yeah.

At the albatross colony, there was a very Makapu'u like view of a lighthouse & cliffs & the ocean. As you can see in the pic, the day started out miserably overcast.

Jennifer and I on the bus ride to the peninsula. Or was it from the albatross colony? Uh...Cat, can you remember? Those of you observant enough will also notice the camelbak big bite valve I'm holding in my hand.

The rest of "the team" on the bus.

Our buddy Karel (sp?) doing a baywatch-esque romp through the water. He's hardcore.

On the way over, our bus driver jokingly got in the way of another bus driver. The other guy gave us the "two finger salute" (in jest of course). I explained the meaning to the group and we decided to take a group picture. Observe.

Here you get an idea of what other sort of weather we had that day. While at Allan's beach, it really cleared up and became sunny. You can see plenty of blue sky in the pic and some lovely sea mist as well. Ah New Zealand...

And here's how it looked at the end of the afternoon/early evening. Not only can you see the sheep in the foreground, you'll also notice the storm clouds in the background. These storm clouds proceeded to dump lots of rain, hail and lightning on the peninsula. So we really got a taste of almost everything in one day!

Ryan strikes a Heisman-like pose next to one of the Moeraki boulders. That's probably as close as anyone at UNC will get to the Heisman. I'm expecting someone from USC will be bringing back the real thing this season. Good luck Matt & Reggie!

Cat being semi-Atlas like with the Moeraki boulder. Or, what was the name of the Greek guy who kept on having to push the boulder up the hill in Hades?

The photo we've all been waiting for: BLING BLING MOTORS! Holla atcha Boi! Thanks a bunch for posting this Cat cuz it's probably the coolest pic on the whole ChCh trip (well, in that bizarre sort of cool way). We had a lot of time to kill and this is one of the places we stopped by to check out. We just couldn't resist. I don't know if you can see in the pic, but I'm spelling out "blood" with my hands. Very gangsta like!

Cat taught us how to play "This is Fun." Basically it's a game about trying to keep a straight face. Here, Ryan the "Zen Master" preps for a showdown against yours truly.

Another pic from Moeraki, this one is from the sign that tells you the story of the formation of the boulders. And that's all I'll say about the pic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sisyphus was the guy rolling the boulder up the mountain, the absurd hero. go mrs. dare's iwl!!