Wednesday 13 July 2005

Random Dunedin

In celebration of my laptop finally getting connected (thanks to Jennifer for letting me borrow your ethernet cable), let me put up some pics that have been on my laptop and, until today, I have not posted for all to see. Enjoy!

chillin
Here I am chillin' and watchin' Auckland Waitakere advance in the semifinals of the National Basketball League on my last night in Auckland. It seems like so long ago...
sewhoy
The next few pics come from my first day in Dunedin. This is the Sew Hoy building. I've been told that if I ever want a good home cooked meal here, I should go knock on the Sew Hoy's door. It's good to know us Chinese look out for each other...or something like that.
DSC00039.JPG
Here is the former Municipal Building located in just near the center of the Octagon. Such old world charm!
flat
And here are the pics you've all been waiting for...my flat! Actually, it's just my room. Here it is in all it's glory. The bed above is much bigger than I expected and that's a really, really, REALLY nice, warm duvet (goosedown!) that's resting on top of the bed. And below is my messy desk & closet-ish area. It still looks about the same now. I don't really sit at my desk too much since I'm always here in the library!
flat 2
DSC04507.JPG
Otago bussed us all out for a day on the Peninsula. I had a fantastic time and it was all great fun. We visited the albatross colony, Allan's Beach, Seal Point and they cooked us a barbie. There really were only two problems: a) We had 3 season all in one day (clouds, sun, lightning & hail!) b) I ran out of camera batteries.
DSC00059
Finally, here's dessert from last night. Very Berry Boysenberry Ice Cream with Pavlova (a traditional Kiwi dessert) and a Kiwi Gold slice. Gotta love the Tip Top ice cream and the other goodies!

And there you have it. I still have a few more pics to collect from everyone else. When I finally do, you'll all be the first to see 'em. Then you'll be all caught up on my adventures! Woo Hoo! Hehe. So far classes have been alright. I'm managing and I really hope I can do well this semester to get my academic frame of mind back on track. Gotta keep the momentum going from last semester so let's see if I can do it! Also, I'm looking forward to having a good time this weekend doing who knows what. I've been keeping an eye on trademe.co.nz (NZ ebay) to see if I can score a cheap(ish), yet reliable motor vehicle that my friends & flatmates can share. Then we can let the real adventures begin. Until then, we're playing things by ear and trying not too freeze to death. I hear there's a snow storm coming in over the weekend and if that's the case, you'll all have some lovely, fresh snow pics to enjoy come next week. But for now, I'm outta here! Take care and peace out homeys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow u seem to be eating well. Hmm looks a bit better than mark's tower. Ah yes, it is great to have a single. I've got one here in Rome.

Anonymous said...

oh that post was by me S.D.