Saturday 22 April 2006

The Metro

Well, it certainly is no Parisian METRO that we all know and love, but it's a decent effort. Tonight marked my second trip on the public rail system here in Los Angeles. During freshman year, we caught a ride on the Red Line out to Universal City Walk. This evening, we rode on the recently constructed Gold Line to Pasadena.
metmap

Darren, Priscilla, Brandon & I had a lovely dinner at Gordon Biersch (garlic fries!!!) where I had the tasty Mushroom & Swiss burger pictured below (you can even see my side salad in the upper left corner).
DSC00036.JPG

After dinner, we walked on over to the frozen yoghurt shop 21 Choices (sorta like Coldstone but with yoghurt instead). Pretty darn good with very generous portions! I chose, clockwise from top, Vanilla Roasted Almond, Cool Irish Bailey's (coffee with a hint of Bailey's Irish creme) and White Chocolate Cookies & Creme. I can't believe this was my first time I there...DSC00037.JPG

Well, I'm glad I had a night of fun. It's been a long hiatus and awhile since I put up a quality post (the fallen tree one was a bit subpar) so I apologize for that. I really hope I'll have some time to have a bit more fun while I'm here in LA and I'll do my best to put up a post that is at least half as long as my Sydney post before graduation...

Just to update you on my life here, my University of Auckland application is currently in progress (I submitted the online portion and am awaiting them to send me the rest of it) and my USC app has been submitted (with a GRE waiver might I add...thank goodness I don't have to waste $115 and 4 hours of my life on that). Nothing really happening on the job search end. I'm happy with my single application to Stryker to be a design engineer in Ireland. Wouldn't that really be something if I got that...

In any case, next week is the last week of classes and then it's just a matter of finishing 5 final exams before graduation. I most definitely can't wait for that. Here's to the sprint to the finish. Best of luck to my fellow graduating seniors and take care everyone!

1 comment:

watersorceress said...

my first comment on my blog! so excited. i'm returning the favor ^__^