Sunday 11 April 2010

Other Miscellaneous, Recent Events

So I'm not as lucky as some other people to be going here and there all the time but I do have a few pics to share from some of the things I've gotten up to locally. Here goes...


A chicken tamale and a chicken taco plate from a taqueria in SF (who's name escapes me at the moment). Not bad for a quick dinner in the Tenderloin.

My reason for being in the Tenderloin in the first place? Dropped by to see Wicked at the Orpheum Theater. Hustled up to the City after work to try and win cheap, partial-view orchestra seats in the lottery but, alas, no dice. Ended up getting a good deal on some full-view mezzanine seats that worked out nicely. Great show. Now I know what everyone has been raving about for years.

Dusted off the cookware and made a bit of dinner this week at home. You can see the results of the cooking above. Stir-fried curried broccoli over brown rice. For one reason or another, I strayed from the recipe a bit but thankfully avoided any disastrous results in the taste department. Turned out nicely and I would definitely make it again (paying more careful attention to the instructions next time 'round).

Finally, I got out for a bit of hiking today. I had planned to leave a bit earlier but overcast skies played a part in delaying my start. Luckily I left it later as the sun did poke out from behind the clouds while I jogged around the trails of Eaton Park in San Carlos. The pic above looks out towards the glorious town known as Redwood City. I live somewhere over there!

Not much else to share with you all at the moment. Between a heavy workload, my HK trip and family visitors, I've not had much time to catch my breath as of late. I hope to enjoy my fair share of lazy weekends during this April if I can. I even have a couple of books to help me whittle away the time: 1) Tuesdays with Morrie and 2) The Lost Symbol. I'll be sure to let you know how that all goes. Until next time, take care folks.

2 comments:

lianna said...

nothing like a hawaii hike!

DN said...

Le Mis is better than Wicked IMO
-Darren