Friday 23 April 2010

Poppy Day

While technically speaking Poppy Day proper was observed 'yesterday' in NZ, today is the Friday before ANZAC Day here in the States. Hence my title. Also, the titular day precedes ANZAC Day as this post precedes an ANZAC Day post to come. All of my blog faithful (maybe about 4 according to the Google Followers tab) have been duly alerted. I apologize for not being too active recently but work duties and yet another illness have conspired to leave me with very little time for other pursuits.


Anyways, so as not to be a complete waste of your time, I do have a pic. Food...go figure. This yoghurt place in San Mateo came highly recommended from my co-worker and I must say they do have very good frozen yoghurt. The establishment is known as Clear Optometry, which most certainly does not sound like a dessert place. It sounds like an optometrist. It actually is one of those too. On the right side of the store, as you can see in the background of the photo, shows all the glasses on display which may be purchased if desired. On the left of the store, you can purchase excellent yoghurt, gelato and various other sweets. Shown in the photo is the plain yoghurt (sweeter than a typical tart/plain) and some green tea mochi. I'll give this place a pass mark in my books despite the chilly night outside (and some confusion in locating the place due to its unusual name and concept). On the plus side, they also have a nice, warm (and real) fireplace to sit next to while you scarf down tasty, affordable yoghurt (cheaper than fraiche, pinkberry, red mango, et. al.). Yum. Thanks for the tip Carey.

1 comment:

lianna said...

yummy yum yum