Friday 21 May 2010

Tough Week

Not the best of weeks I must say. I'll avoid the details but part of it has to do with work getting very, very busy. That itself stems from my boss getting the boot for perceived performance shortcomings (rough deal if you ask me). The catheter manufacturing engineering team has now been reduced to two (until the new junior engineer arrives on monday). Fun, fun, fun (and quite a knife in the throat to morale). Anyways, let's focus on some happier things.


I had a pleasant surprise at work as my co-workers planned a lunch in honour of my upcoming b-day, complete with Chinese take-out and homemade red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (decorative plant-life only came with mine). Thanks everyone. My apologies for getting stuck in a meeting midday and for being the last to arrive to the festivities.

Also, today marked the beginning of the walking competition that I am taking part in at the office. A few of us (~20) have been given pedometers and the person who walks the most over the next four weeks wins a nice (mystery) prize. I've had this thing for about twelve hours now and I've managed > 10,000 steps. Hopefully I can keep that pace up!

Anyways, that just about sums things up. Enjoy your weekend folks. I'll do my best to get some pics up if I end up doing anything noteworthy over the next couple days.

4 comments:

dRock said...

go running, or just shake it when ur sitting down.

Unknown said...

i like the shaking idea from derryck. what is that green plant thing in your cupcake? what if the plant's toxic?

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Xiao Hai Zi.

Aloha,
Moogie, Farfar & Di Di.

lianna said...

i like the idea of your office encouraging people to be more active! and shaking it is cheating!!!!!!