Sunday 2 May 2010

Another Beautiful Weekend in SF

*UPDATED* So we were blessed with another weekend of lovely weather here in the Bay Area. Got a few pics to share with you all of my day in the City today.


I've not been much of an oyster fan in the past but I guess that's changing a little bit recently. We made the trip up to SF to go to the Ferry Building. Amongst all the great food options there, one can find the Hog Island Oyster Co. [Those frequent blog visitors may remember that I went to Tomales Bay to the actual Hog Island Oyster Co. location this past summer]

Diana & Nick. My friends who I accompanied for this little excursion. Diana's sister, Samantha, was in town so we took her up to enjoy the good food and great weather.

Our platter of oysters. It was a mixed bunch that featured two of each of the different oyster varieties available that day. My favourites are still the kumamotos (the small ones seen at 12 o'clock).

Me & the oysters. I'm quite hungry in this picture. Not sure if you can tell.

My entree: Gumbo. Oysters, clams, mussels, roast chicken and andouille. Yum. The Acme bread was a great complement and helped in absorbing every last drop of the gumbo.

Nick's grilled cheese (mezzo secco, gruyere and fromage blanc). One of the fanciest grilled cheeses I've ever sampled. Quite tasty.

Clear, beautiful day in SF. Me, Nick & Diana in front of the Ghiradelli Square area with the Bay behind us.

Signore Nick enjoying a bit of sunshine in Ghiradelli Square. We got to hang around and produce some vitamin D while Diana & Samantha were doing a bit of shopping.

We waited for ages in line. Our feet. What were we waiting for...?

On the way out of the City, we stopped off at Humphrey Slocombe for some ice cream. Shown above is the "special breakfast" flavour which is corn flakes and bourbon. Not bad. Kinda interesting if you ask me. My Bay Area ice cream ranking remains the same: 1) Bi-rite 2) Ici and now 3) Humphrey Slocombe.

Nick, Diana, Samantha & I enjoying our ice creams. It really was a crazy nice day up there in SF.

Since we weren't done eating for the day, we went to Sweet Breams down in San Mateo on the way home. We bought a box of taiyaki which are little fish-shaped cakes (Japanese in origin) filled with fillings such as red bean paste, custard & creme. Yum, yum, yum.

So, the bottom line is that I ate a lot today. A LOT. I hope everyone else's weekend was just as enjoyable. Not a bad start to May if you ask me! Cheers and adieu for now.

1 comment:

dRock said...

should've used the camera stand to take the group photo.